My Blog Part 2 Overview

This text gives direct links to everything I have done for Part 2 of this blog.
This is so it is easier to navigate and find the posts in my blog. Everything is here, as well as quite a bit of extra work. If a link doesn't work, try using the sidebar, all of it is here somewhere.....

Please note: This message is displayed at the top of my blog wherever you are in my blog. If you click on one of the links to go to that post. This will be at the top, and you will have to scroll down to see the post. This does however make it easier to navigate.

Tasks
Internet Delivered Short Films. (3%)
My Google Map, Persona and Sketchcast.(2%)
My iReport (3%)
Lecture 7 and Freeware discussion (with some extra work)(2%)
Political Participation and the Internet Tasks (3%)
Some form of art that I created. (3%)


Lectures
Lecture 5
Lecture 6 + Extra Work
Lecture 7 (Above, combined with freeware task)
Lecture 8
Lecture 9


Extra Work
There is some extra work as part of the other posts, but there is also:
Week 6 Extra Work.
Introduction: General Overview
Conclusion: My thoughts on Blogger.com

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Revisiting an Old Friend - Tute 3

This week we had to find out what certain abbreviations meant, however, I am into film, and even studied film at High School, and thus didn't really have to research into it, as I know what they mean.

VLS/WS - Very Long Shot/Wide Shot.
LS - Long Shot
MLS - Medium Long Shot
MS - Medium Shot (Mid Shot)
MCU - Medium Close-Up
CU - Close-Up
BCU- Big Close-Up (I've never heard of this before, but thanks to this site for informing me)
ECU - Extreme Close-Up

Now I got taught a slightly different way, and while in effect it doesn't matter, the way I use is much rounder, flows better, and avoids the horrible sounding 'Big Close Up'.

Extreme Long Shot
Long Shot
Medium Long Shot
Medium Shot
Medium Close-Up
Close-Up
Extreme Close-Up

This flows better, and uses common terms, There is one less shot, but doesn't really matter, You could always just say 'Head Shot' which works, and what I got taught.

and then there's
POV - Point of View
OTS - Over the Shoulder (or OSS- Over Shoulder Shot)
TS - Two Shot (and thus Three Shot, Four Shot, etc.)

Man I am a film nerrrrrd. However, these are merely irrelevant differences.
So I shall give you some examples.
Extreme Close Up:
ECU's, and CU for that matter, show great detail and are frequently underused in films. A common ECU/CU shot would be a shot that shows the mouth of a person talking on a telephone. This shot can be effectively used to disguise the person on the phone. Another commonly used ECU shot is that of the eye, especially after waking up, an example of an elephant is shown to the left.
Source.


Mid Shot
The mid shot, properly called a Medium Shot, generally shows the subject from the hips up, this shot captures general facial expressions, as well as hand gestures. This shot is very common, and say, a person texting, is most likely to be represented in a mid shot. An example of this shot is pictured right. Hmmm.... Gossip Girl.....

Source.

Wide Shot/...
Wide Shots/Long Shots/Full Shot is generally a shot that shows the whole body, to which fills up most the screen. They can be used to show the surroundings of the character/s. An example of a Long Shot is left, it is my photo that I have uploaded. However, it should be noted that this shot is slightly further out than a true long shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment